Director of SEO & Social Media – 4/2010 – 4/2011
Responsible for all SEO & Social media for Denon, Marantz, Boston Acoustics and D&M Pro brand groups.
- Increased Boston Acoustics organic ranking by over 500% (Q1 2010)
- Part of launch team for global CMS on Sharepoint 2010
- Additional responsibilities include Site Development for all brands, Analytics and Usability
The Speaker Company ( A Division of D&M Holdings NA) 2007 to 2010
General Manager – Director E-Commerce & Online Marketing
Launched and manage The Speaker Company www.thespeakercompany.com, an online only loudspeaker retailer. “Quality Loudspeakers at half the Price”
- Successfully launched start-up business in 90 days
- Developed SEO strategy that lead to over 500 top 10 keyword rankings
- Develop product line including importing product from overseas
- Set up e-commerce site and all advertising campaigns
Easylink Services 2005 to 2007
Director of e-Commerce and Interactive Marketing – Director of RapidFAX
Launched and managed RapidFAX online faxing service. Repsonsible for all of EasyLinks Interactive Marketing.
- Successfully launched start-up project RapidFAX.com increasing revenue by 405% in 2006
- Increased conversion rate of online registration by 52% in 6 months
- Launched Affiliate, trained affiliate manager, increased orders by 251% in 2006
- Increased revenue by 30% month over month through Online and Affiliate marketing
- Manage profitable online marketing campaign reducing acquisition costs by 2/3
- Relaunched Intranet with easy to manage CMS (content management system)
- Successfully outsourced customer service and development overseas saving 20% on cost of 24 X 7 coverage
Choice Media Inc – 2004 – 2005
Managed 29 health related Internet sites including drkoop.com, healthcentral.com, healthscout.com, healthsquare.com.
Responsibility includes planning and execution of content, look & feel, usability and marketing. Accomplishments include creating an automated newsletter delivery system that dramatically increased newsletter sign ups by over 25%, newsletters opened to 11% and reduced manual intervention by a factor of 10 to 1. I also implemented multiple SEO initiatives which will increase organic page ranking. In addition, I have managed the largest increase in Google Ad word response the company has seen to date by a factor of 10.
AT&T 1987 – 2003
VP/Division Mgr of Sales & Marketing 2001 – 2003
AT&T Natural Voices Text-to-Speech– Florham Park, NJ
Led team of 6 in sales and business development for technology products – Text-to-Speech, Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language (Voice Tone).Launched products, setting pricing, developing offers, defining marketing activities, and setting up e-commerce website. Hired and trained 6 new sales staff.
- Team generated $88M in Interactive Speech sales by third quarter 2003
- Automated on-line sales contributing additional 15-20% to revenue stream while reducing costs
- Developed partnerships with major speech players including Nuance and Voice Genie
- Built sales business case, product offers and organized marketing efforts to launch AT&T Natural Voices Text-to-Speech product as a major speech player
- Led sales team to 92% of sales goal in first year of a new business
VP of e-commerce 1994 – 2001
AT&T Interactive Group – Parsippany, NJ
Responsible for AT&T WorldNet, Anywho.com and ATT.com websites. Led 32-person Marketing, Technical, Product Management, Creative and Business Development Team with $24M in direct revenue responsibility. Developed website marketing and products strategy. Performed in-depth research to identify new partners. Cultivated relationships and negotiated contracts. Secured executive buy-in from 3 key stakeholders. Championed efforts to turn att.com into an e-commerce site vs. a public relations site. Fostered strategic team thinking by goal setting, status reviews, measurement and feedback.
- Start-up member of 8-person team launching AT&T WorldNet into the number 3 Internet provider
- Secured funding for, built and launched AT&T Anywho.com into a top 135 website in less than 6 months, earning 6 PC magazine top 100 awards
- For the 3 domains managed, all 3 consistently ranked in top 25 of all websites visited
- Adept at developing and communicating diverse technical, creative and content strategies to executives and employees
- Implemented first corporate email newsletter yielding over 500,000 signups
- Managed radio and magazine marketing plan for Anywho.com increasing usage by 20%
- Instituted strategy to save $4M in costs, resulting in profitability within 12 months
- Increased revenue 50% year over year for att.net
- Honored with True Spirit Award Winner, 1 of 266 recognized company-wide
- Red Carpet Award winner for creativity and persistence
AT&T EasyLink – 1991 – 1994
Senior Marketing Account Executive
- Sales and offer development of e-mail and Electronic Data Interchange services.
- Developed marketing plan for new auto-response features for attmail
- Recipient of President’s Club Award twice for exceeding sales goals
National Account Manager 1987 – 1991
AT&T Computer Systems – Parsippany, NJ
- Sales and business development with AT&T’s second largest distributor representing $24M in annual sales.
- Increased sales from $6M to $24M annually
- Grew and managed a base of 220 Value Added Resellers
- Received Achievers Club Award twice for exceeding sales goals
Prodigy Computer Centers – East Hanover, NJ 1984 – 1986
Retail Store Manager
- Manage $3M a year retail computer store with 4 Sales and Technical Support staff.
- Top add-0n sales