Site of the Week – Best Buy
Usability is a critical factor in website conversion so making your site as user friendly as possible should be an ongoing, never-ending goal. Best Buy is my first site of the week. Here’s why.
- Large easy to read navigation with fewer than 8 items
- Drop down navigation off of main menu is easy to follow and allows users to easily find the category/product they are looking for. It’s also fast and devoid of unnecessary graphics
- Easy to read and find secondary navigation
- Big up-front search feature in the upper left to take advantage of where people will look
- Easy to see feature product navigation with icons so visitors can easily see other features
- Security easy to find, TRUSTe and CyberTrust on bottom of the page (not shown)
- Phone # listed on the bottom of the page.
Also see this great article on pros and cons of different site navigation.
How does your site compare?